You will get the best solar path lights only when they are made of stainless steel and the lens is made of pure glass, not plastic. Only then, they won’t look cheap and serve you for a long time. There are some popular plastic made models as well. But they are very hard to find and often have some trouble.
Don’t worry, you are in the right place to find them all here. At the end of the article, I have covered some common problems that people face with them. You will find solutions to these problems as well.
- 1 Best Solar Path Lights 2019 Comparison Table
- 1.1 Top 10 Best Solar Garden Lights Reviews
- 1.1.1 Westinghouse Bastille II [6 Packs]
- 1.1.2 SolarGlow
- 1.1.3 GardenBliss [10 Units]
- 1.1.4 SolarGlow Stainless Steel
- 1.1.5 Moonrays
- 1.1.6 Voona Solar LED 8-Pack
- 1.1.7 Plow & Hearth 4
- 1.1.8 Solario
- 1.1.9 Solar Copper Metal [Set of 6]
- 1.1.10 NUTRIHOME
- 1.1.11 Some Common Problems & How To Fix Them
- 1.2 Sharing is caring!
- 1.1 Top 10 Best Solar Garden Lights Reviews
Best Solar Path Lights 2019 Comparison Table
I have compared both stainless steel and high standard ABS plastic made solution. They are all popular & have lots of recommendations from people all around the U.S.A. They are perfect for your garden, driveways, pathways, etc. If you get any of the following 3, you will get the best value for your money. Yes, you will get a detailed review of them as well along with other 7 comprehensive reviews.
Top 10 Best Solar Garden Lights Reviews
I have included all the important information to each of these following reviews. All the following reviews are based on real user testimonials, recommendations, tips and so on. I have included some unpleasant experiences of users as well so that you get the complete picture.
Westinghouse Bastille II [6 Packs]
It’s new on the market but just like a lot of its well-wishers, I must call it my number 1 recommended. When you need the high lumen solution that lasts really long and does not dim after a while, Westinghouse is your perfect solution. Whereas most of them are plastic made, this one is made of stainless steel with a bronze finish.
Whoever has used this one described it as the brightest ones so far they have used. They have also confirmed the fact that once fully charged, it lasts for the whole night. Even if you have partial sunlight, they can illuminate for 5 to 6 hours. The super-powerful battery has made this possible. Another thing you need to know is that it comes out of the top of these LEDs.
Not just the body, the lens is also made of superior quality glass whereas most of the cheap solar walkway lights have the plastic lens. If you had previous experiences of having the plastic lens, you know it pretty well that they all get dingy over time. With glass lens, you don’t have to face these irritating experiences.
You are paying a good amount of money for these solar-powered models. So, it should last longer. Whenever you get a cheap solution, you don’t know when they will stop working. But a lot of its current users have confirmed that they are using it years after year. So in the long run, you are actually saving money.
More Features & Pros of Westinghouse Bastille II
- The dimension is 18.5 x 16.5 x 12 inches whereas the head is 4.7” in diameter and 15” in high.
- Remington bronze color. Looks really elegant.
- Already serving lot years after year.
- Bright white light for the whole night once the battery is fully charged.
- Suitable for all kinds of weather all year round. Waterproof, dustproof, and heatproof.
- Whoever has bought it, they are happy with its performance. Lots of high appreciation and recommendations.
- Easy installation and anyone can do it. However, since they run on solar power, try to install them under direct sun. If they don’t get plenty of sunlight during the day, they may not illuminate the whole night.
Cons of Westinghouse Bastille II
I tried so hard to find some problems with Westinghouse option. It’s really stunning that it’s too rare! However, some said they got delivered already the faulty one. It’s no big deal since whenever you contact the customer service; they will take care of it.
I have included this one as my 2nd recommended best rated solar path lights because of so many reasons. But above all, you should know that they are in the market for a very long time. It’s pretty important for you to consider it. You can’t survive in this competitive business world if the quality of the product is not up to the mark.
In each pack, you are getting 6 of them. Per unit, the cost is so minimal and you should really consider it when you need multiple of them. They are resistant to all weather and a lot of experienced users have confirmed the fact that they can survive rain, frost, snow, heat, etc.
Comes with the upgraded solar panel and long-lasting rechargeable battery. Once fully charged, they can give you beautiful bright light for up to 8 hours. Because of the quality solar panel, they can charge the battery in the daylight even when there is not much sunlight. However, you may not get much bright light & work time if there is not much sunlight.
Since they are 100% solar-powered and the batteries can charge themselves, you can beautify your flower beds or garden and pathways without adding any electricity bill. Not just beauty, they can add safety to your daily life as well. They are fairly-priced and the company always stands behind their products. For your any trouble with them, contact the company and they will take care of your problem.
Installation is fairly simple, totally hassle-free. Since no wire is required, there is no complexity in installing them. Anyone can do it. Get them out of the box and plant them into the ground. Having a sharp point ensures that you don’t have to use much pressure as well. Make sure to set the solar panel on mode, otherwise, it won’t get charged and work. Please watch the unboxing video and how to set it up.
More Features & Pros of SolarGlow
- The dimension is 17.5 x 12.3 x 7.4 inches.
- Each unit has 10 lumens, so with 6 of them, there will be 60 lumens. Proven to give brighter lights than many other brands.
- Auto turn off/on features. At night, they will turn on and in the morning they will turn off automatically. Also, you can manually turn off/on them.
- A powerful battery that takes less time to get charged fully.
- Proven to work even on cloudy days.
- Excellent customer care. They always stand behind their products. Lots of high appreciation just for their excellent customer care.
Cons of SolarGlow
- Some customers said they got faulty models. But after contacting the customer service, they took care of the matter.
GardenBliss [10 Units]
GardenBliss is just awesome for its excellent customer service. Whatever problem you face with them, they will take care of it. Besides, their LED lights are proven to be of high-quality and durable, that’s the reason it is on my 2nd recommended choice. Since you are getting 10 units with each pack, the cost is so minimal and in the combine, they can offer you high lumen lights.
In addition to high density crystalline solar panels and long-performing rechargeable batteries, another feature worth mentioning. You can actually adjust the height. Depending on your garden or pathway, choose the right height that suits best. Lots of customers have found this feature too useful. They perfectly blend in with your existing landscape design.
Each unit has 10 lumens, in total there will be 100 lumens. That’s a lot of bright white light with a little bit glow. They are waterproof as well. Many have reported that even after going through heavy rainfall and snow, they survived.
Really easy to install them. The stakes are really durable and meant to last long. Even after some storms and heavy rainfall, some users have reported that they are still working just fine. I have seen some people are complaining about lights not working at all from the very first day. So, you must make sure they are ON during installation. You will find the switch near the battery compartment. Set this on ‘ON’ position.
More Features & Pros of GardenBliss
- The dimension is 10.1 x 5.2 x 14.2 inches where height is adjustable in 2 sizes.
- Available in 2 colors to add more beauty to your garden or pathway: White light and Antique Bronze Plastic.
- Upon full charge, they can give you bright lights for up to 8 hours. That’s possible because of its high-quality LED which can perform for up to 20,000 hours.
- Automatic on/off feature. At night, they turn on automatically and at daytime, they turn off as well and charge the battery.
- Unbeatable market price.
- Tested against rain, sun, snow. Proven to be sturdy and long-lasting.
- No safety hazard for your pets and children. There are no glass parts that can make a safety issue.
- Encouraging positive feedback from previous users. Lots of repeat customers as well.
Cons of GardenBliss
I have included some disappointing facts too in my reviews. And they are:
- Only after a few months, they stopped working for some customers. However, your investment is well-protected. Just contact their excellent customer service.
SolarGlow Stainless Steel
If you don’t like plastic made ones, this one may interest you. Made from stainless steel. Each unit has 15 lumens and with 6 bulbs you will get the brightest lighting solution for your yard. Just because they are made of stainless steel does not mean they will rust. Proven to give you bright light for a very long time.
A lot of users have confirmed the fact that in terms of illumination, they are twice brighter than most other brands available in the market. With long-lasting and powerful solar panel and rechargeable battery, you will have pure white bright light all night long. A great solution for your garden landscape lighting as well.
They are meant to perform well even in the harsh environment. They are waterproof and heatproof. Proven to survive under heavy rainfall, snow, and extreme heat.
If you are using them from SolarGlow for a while, you know about the experience changing customer care service, right? If you are first-timer to use them, I am pretty sure they will change your experience of online shopping. A lot of experienced buyers have highly appreciated them just because of their customer service. You can get them from them without any confusion.
Experienced users have recommended it for the enchanted look to your garden as another great model. And installing them is super easy. In fact, anyone can do it without any prior knowledge. The stake has sharp point, so excessive pushing won’t be necessary. Just plant them into the soil. But make sure they are set to ‘ON’ mode and are placed under direct sunlight. Very important to have all night bright lights.
More Features & Pros of SolarGlow
- Each pack contains 6 units.
- The assembled dimension is 15 x 10.8 x 4.9 inches.
- You will be amazed by its brightness. 15 lumens per unit is pretty rare in their counterparts.
- 8 hours of bright light all night long once the battery is fully charged.
- Affordable cost for stainless steel made solutions.
- Unmatched customer service.
- Beautiful stainless steel finish.
Cons of SolarGlow
You may experience the following problem, but you have nothing to worry about. Your investment is well protected. If you face any of the following or other problem, just contact with their awesome customer service and I am pretty sure you will be impressed.
- Sudden death problem.
- For some, they started to lose brightness.
When you need to add elegance to your pathways or garden, consider having this one. With the rubbed bronze accent, this one really is eye-soothing and adds extra beauty. The Richmond style model is able to give 25 times output with 30 lumens warm light than their other counterparts. Already lots of people are using it to light their passageways with a bright LED.
As they made of metal, they don’t look like cheap even though you can have them with minimal cost. Comes with pre-charged AA NiMH rechargeable battery and with a full charge you can illuminate your garden or path for up to 8 hours. For optimal output, they are equipped with a big glass lens. So the light beam can cover up to 36 inches of a wide area. You will be in love with its 360 degrees display.
Installation is as usual. However, since they run on solar energy to make sure the solar panel gets enough sunlight. Also, there is a thin plastic cover over those solar panels. You need to remove that first. Though the top part is made of metal, the stakes are made of plastic. While inserting them into the ground, don’t use excessive force. You may break their legs.
Lots of recommendations from experienced buyers. If you need really high lumen options, it’s a good choice. High appreciation for its super bright LED lights from experienced users. With beautiful design and bright light, you can consider it another great alternative.
More Features & Pros of Moonrays
- Stylish and elegant model for illuminating your dark paths or lane.
- 1500 mAh powerful battery.
- The assembled dimension is 6.8 x 18.5 x 7.1 inches.
- With each pack, you will receive 2 of them. So, if you need multiple, make sure to order for more packs.
- Really bright lights. I would say, it’s really hard to find that type of bright light in your garden or passageways.
- Though it is recommended to install them in a place where they can get enough sunlight, lots of users have verified that normal daylight can even make them charged enough to illuminate the long night.
- Automatic on/off feature. Make sure they are set to on mode while you install them. Leave them under the sun for at least 2 days to charge the battery. Then they will automatically on at night and off in the morning.
Cons of Moonrays
- Plastic made a stake, have incidents of breakage while installing. The connection between the head and the stem is flimsy. You need to be careful while installing them.
Voona Solar LED 8-Pack
Another durable stainless steel made models for your pathway, patio, yard, etc that can give you warm white light for up to 8 hours. Since they are solar made, so no issue with the electricity bill. With each pack, you will get 8 of such units. So the per-unit cost is so minimal but the derived benefit is just awesome.
The lens is made of classic plastic. When turning on, they can give you an amazing star pattern effect on the ground. They are all UV tested. So, they will stay clear for many years to come.
Since each unit has 6 lumens and you will have 8 of them with each pack, there will be plenty of warm white light. Lots of users have verified that the amount of light is sufficient enough to illuminate their patio, driveway, garden etc.
With upgraded solar panel and powerful rechargeable 500mAh AA NiMH battery, you will have a perfect solution for the LED models to remove the darkness and add extra beauty to your existing landscape design. They are completely waterproof and heatproof and proven to work just fine even under heavy snow. On sunny days, they are proven to illuminate most of the night.
Installation is as simple as any other model. Make sure the solar panel get enough sunlight. The company has made it clear that if they won’t get direct sunlight enough, they won’t illuminate at night for a long time. Also, make sure they are not installed nearby any strong light source. They are dark sensing unit, so take that into account.
Also, before you turn them on for the first time, make sure to charge them under the sun for at least 1 day.
More Features & Pros of Voona
- The dimension is 4.7 x 15.8 x 4.7 inches. The tube diameter is 0.87 inches and the tube height is 7.48 inches.
- Well made and does not look a cheap solution.
- Perfect solution who does not like cold white light. A true warm white light solution, not something yellowish.
- Minimal price. You are getting 8 of them for a minimum cost.
- Awesome customer support.
- Tips: While installing if the soil is hard, make the hole then insert the stake. Don’t push them hard.
Cons of Voona
- Can’t illuminate all night long on cloudy days. Not so good as a landscape lighting solution.
- They do not diffuse, so instead of soft light, you may find them a little bit harsh.
Plow & Hearth 4
When you can’t settle except high lumen lights that have to look elegant as well, consider this one. There are 6 bright LEDs per unit and each of them has 35 lumens. You will get 4 of them, so now imagine the brightness level! Most of them have lumens of 3 to 5, but they have 14 lumens! Almost 10 times bright!
To give you the maximum brightness, they are equipped with tier ripple glass lens. That ensures superior illumination for your garden, pathways, patio, etc. Yes, these are bright enough but are not disturbingly bright to hurt your eyes. Just because of its bright light, many experienced users have reviewed it as another best-rated one.
If you are tired of the cheap-looking small solar LED model, consider this one. They are really bigger in comparison with their counterparts. It’s a great replacement for electric alternatives because of the number of lights they emit. And because of LIFEPO4 size 3.2V 400mAh battery, they can illuminate your pathway or garden all night long.
They are aluminum made, so they are meant to last a pretty long time. Most of them have stakes made of plastic which makes them vulnerable while installing. But model from Plow & Hearth is made of heavy-duty die-cast aluminum. Proven to be sturdy, even for the hard soil. The connecting part of the glass to the stem is also made of metal. This is something I could not find anywhere else.
They will be on automatically at night and off in the morning. You can manually use the on/off options as well. They are a little bit costly than other LED outdoor path alternatives, but since they are meant to last long and you are getting 4 of them, you are actually making a cost-saving decision.
More Features & Pros of Plow & Hearth
- Available in Bronze and Zinc color. Zinc color is more similar to aluminum or silver.
- Brightest options as per so many users.
- Build quality is great. You will love finishing.
- Proven to work great even after a long period of time.
- Does not look cheap plastic made models. Powder coated cast aluminum looks elegant.
- Replaceable AA batteries which are widely available. Very powerful and proven to illuminate lights for up to 8 hours once fully charged.
- Strong stakes and durable design.
- An attractive pattern of light. Adds more beauty to your landscape design.
- Lots of repeated buyers and recommendations.
Cons of Plow & Hearth
- Have incidences of sudden death after a few months.
- A little bit pricey.
Classical design garden models from Solario that emits beautiful lighting effect. It is equipped with the starburst light diffuser so that your garden, pathways, patio, etc have a beautiful lighting look. Most users have liked its unrivaled brightness. Where most of them have 3mm LED, this one has an 8mm LED. That’s the secret of its bright light.
They are considered to be another great solution due to many reasons. Let’s just start with its technical part. The solar panel is made using the latest technology.
Their lights come with the highly-efficient monocrystalline panel which is way more durable than their amorphous panel counterparts. So, even in low-light conditions, they can charge the battery to illuminate the whole night.
Speaking of the battery, they are equipped with 600 mAh rechargeable batteries. They are AA NiMH type battery, so yes they are replaceable. But the good thing is you don’t have to change the battery as the company claims! The battery itself is of high-quality and durable, and it should perform for a long time.
They can perform all the year-round. Made of sturdy ABS plastic. So they are waterproof and heatproof. They are UV resistant and dustproof as well. Even after heavy rainfall and snow, many have reported that they are still performing well.
You will love the zero-stress installation. You can do it just like everybody else. All you need to do just stake them 9 or 13 inches above the soil. However, you will find a switch under the solar cover. Make sure you turn it on before you put them in the ground. The solar panel absorbs the sunlight and charges the battery. So, make sure to install them in places whether they can get enough sunlight.
More Features & Pros of Solario
- The dimension is 9 x 4.9 x 13 inches with 2 adjustable height options. The diameter of the cap is 4 ½ inches and the plastic globe is 3 ½ inches.
- Brighter than most traditional alternatives. Each unit has 10 lumens.
- With each pack you order, you will get 6 units. So, it’s really a cost-saving solution as well.
- CE and ROHS certified.
- So much love from lots of happy users. Many have reported that even on cloudy days, the battery gets charged and perform well at night.
- Automatic turn on at night and turn off in the morning.
Cons of Solario
- Some reported that even during sunny days, they can illuminate only for 5 to 6 hours.
Solar Copper Metal [Set of 6]
When you need warm white light and at the same time, they have to look elegant and expensive, think about them. The lens is also made of thick glass which won’t turn into yellow over time. With each pack, you will get 6 of these units, so the per-unit cost is really minimal and should be within the budget of everyone.
Equipped with powerful 1.2V 600mAh AA NiMH battery. This is usually long-lasting. Yes, they are replaceable but you won’t need to change it for a very long time. The solar panel charges the battery at daytime and once the batty is fully charged, these LED illuminate your walkway, gardens, paths, etc for the whole long night.
Since they are made of metal, it’s a good long-term investment to add extra beauty to the landscape design of your home. Yes, some parts of the stakes that go under the ground are made of hard plastic. If you are in fear that water/fog will go inside the glass, don’t worry. A lot of experienced users have confirmed the fact that they are waterproof and heatproof.
FYI: These are NOT the brightest as they have only 4 lumens per unit. But, the light they emit is sufficient enough and highly recommended as another top-quality solution only if you need warm white light. In fact, a lot of satisfied customers have reviewed that they are great to make your neighbors jealous!
After lots of research and reading reviews, lots of people have ended up buying this one. And they are happy with them. So, you can trust it’s quality of lasting performance.
More Features & Pros
- The dimension is 16.5 x 11.6 x 8.6 inches. The diameter of the pole is 1 inch. Available in 3 colors like Copper, Chrome, and stainless steel.
- Proven to illuminate with warm white light for the whole night once the battery is fully charged.
- Cheaper price but greater qualities just like expensive electric path alternatives.
- Proven to give bright decorative light to add the extra beauty of illumination.
- Sturdy well-built design. Can serve you years to come.
- Users love the idea of using glass lens instead of plastic.
- Helpful customer service and the company stand behind their units. So, use with confidence.
There are some issues that need your attention.
- Low lumen per unit.
- The color is somewhat yellowish.
Nothing so special about this one. However, it seems to get popularity so fast. Most users have called it the exquisite and durable walkway lighting solution. Made from high-quality premium material like stainless steel and high-strength ABS plastic. And they don’t look cheap. Since you are getting 6 of these lights with each pack, NUTRIHOME is a cost-effective decision indeed.
For added beauty and extra security with cost-free bright white color light, users are recommending it as a promising model.
Each unit has a brightness level of 7 lumen which is more than enough to illuminate your garden and add extra beauty and safety for your walkway. When they will diffuse sun pattern lights, you will be in love with your garden once again!
They are resistant to all kinds of harsh weather conditions. They are IP44 waterproof. Proven to resist against snow, fog, heavy rainfall, etc. However, on cloudy days, the battery may not be fully charged, so illumination time may be short. But as soon as the sky is clear, the battery will get charged and perform at its best.
FYI: Though the company claims that they can perform for up to 8 to 10 hours, many have confirmed that the illumination time is maximum 5 to 6 hours.
Vital Tips: Make sure to pull out the insulating film. Most people forget to do so and they become super frustrated when they see no luck with lighting even after several days charging. Some experienced customers have recommended cleaning the battery after a while so that the residue of the solar panel can’t hamper the charging.
More Features & Pros of NUTRIHOME
- The dimension is 8.7 x 7.3 x 4.8 inches.
- Available in black and silver color.
- For efficient absorption of sunlight, they are equipped with 60mAh solar panel. The dimension of the solar panel is 1.58 x 1.58 inches. Works even under the shaded area.
- Powerful 600mAh AA Ni-MH rechargeable and replaceable battery. Don’t forget to dispose of the replaced battery properly for safety reasons.
- If you have a large house with a bigger space, get more than one pack to get the best result.
- Well built and looks expensive. But you can get them at the most affordable cost.
- So easy to put together. No complex wiring installation. Read the manual carefully though.
- Many users have reported that they are high lumen models that can cast a super bright light.
Cons of NUTRIHOME
- Have incidences of receiving defective units. If that happens to you, contact them immediately.
Solar Path Lights Buying Guide
A few days back, I have written 2 articles on outdoor solar lights and outdoor landscape solar models. But when you try to get them, it becomes relatively difficult to find a quality one. Why? I don’t know. I have found lots of complaints against such walkway garden solutions. But I believe if you follow these points while choosing your best solar garden lights, you won’t be frustrated later on.
- Go for stainless steel made models. Some people don’t like plastic made units because to them, they feel flimsy and look cheap. Stainless steel made models are a little bit costlier than their plastic made counterparts, but they look like elegant and durable.
- The lens should be made of glass. Though only a few companies have glass made lens with their solar units, you should prefer glass over plastic made lens. Also, try to get one where the light can come out of the top of the glass lens. That way, you will get more lights.
- Powerful solar panel and battery that lasts long as well. In addition to reading the specification of products, read as many reviews as you can to get an idea about the quality of the solar panel and the battery.
- Lumens. Any lumens more than 7 is more than enough for your garden lights.
Some Common Problems & How To Fix Them
You have spent a lot of time and money to pick the right solar walkway units so that they can serve you for a long time. But keep in mind that even though they are solar equipment and anytime anything can happen to any electrical equipment. So, even though you have picked the right ones, you may face the following problems. I tried to give you some solutions as well.
- The most common problem of them is not turning on at all. Before writing this robust article, I have read countless reviews. All from experienced users and who have just bought them. One common problem they face is that the light is not turning on at all even after several days of charge. All the models have a master on/off switch and most of the case, inexperienced users forget to turn the light on while installing. To avoid frustration, please pay attention here.
- Some forget to remove the pull tab on the battery. Not all of them have the pull tab on the battery, but if your unit is not working, keep this point in your mind.
- If you install them nearby any bright light source like a lamppost, they may not work. Most people forget the fundamental aspect of solar lights – they are darkness sensitive. At daytime, they charge the battery and at night when they sense darkness, they turn on. So, if you install them nearby any street light where there is plenty of light at night, they won’t simply work.
- Over the passage of time, dust may create a blockage on the solar panel. If that happens, even under the direct sunlight, the battery won’t get charged and they won’t work. So, clean the solar panel at a regular interval if you are living in an area where there is so much dust.
- In some cases, the seller may send you defective solar panel and/or battery unintentionally. To check whether you have received defective solar panel or battery, cover the solar panel with your hand to creating a dark environment. Check whether it works. If not, contact their customer care ASAP.
Last Words On Best Solar Path Lights
Phew…! Did I miss anything? Did you find it useful? Please let me know! I believe I have covered every aspect to help you find the best rated solar path lights. If I were you, I would go for the recommended Westinghouse models. It’s truly elegant and totally frustration-free. But you are still good to go if you select any other alternatives from the above reviewed.